BPL Second Wednesday Book Group
In Person in the Community Room @ 5:30
Lively and engaging book discussions.
Pick up your book with the library staff 1 month in advance. Must have a Bridgman library card.
Next Meeting - October 12th
The Great Alone is a historical fiction novel. The story follows the Allbright family's move to the Alaskan wilderness and the ensuing challenges they face there. In this unforgettable portrait of human frailty and resilience, Kristin Hannah reveals the indomitable character of the modern American pioneer and the spirit of a vanishing Alaska―a place of incomparable beauty and danger. The Great Alone is a daring, beautiful, stay-up-all-night story about love and loss, the fight for survival, and the wildness that lives in both man and nature.
2022 Meeting Times
and BOOK TITLES
- January 12: The Splendid and the Vile / Erik Larson
- February 9: Woman of No Importance / Sonia Purnell
- March 9: The Book of Lost Friends / Lisa Wingate
- April 13: Midnight in Siberia / David Greene
- May 11: There Are No Children Here / Alex Kotlowitz
- June 8: The World According to Fannie Davis / Bridgett Davis
- July 13: George Washington's Secret Six / Brian Kilmeade
- August 10: The Far Traveler: Voyages of a Viking Woman / Nancy Marie Brown
- September 14: Ahab's Wife / Sena Jeter Naslund
- October 12: The Great Alone / Kristin Hannah
- November 9: The Whisperers: Private Life in Stalin's Russia / Orland Figes
- December 14: A Medley of Newberry Titles