BRIDGMAN PUBLIC LIBRARY
TITLE: Library Circulation Clerk/Patron Services
SCHEDULE: Part-time, 20-25 hours per week
SALARY: $15 per hour
REPORTS TO: Library Director
JOB SUMMARY: Performs a variety of library clerical work to serve patrons and support library operations.
• Performs basic circulation desk procedures such as check in and out materials, issue library cards,
process holds, taking fines, and making phone calls.
• Provides exceptional customer service.
• Assists patrons with reference questions, readers’ advisory, bibliographic instruction and searching.
• Assists patron in the use of library equipment.
• Sorts, shelves, and files various library materials accurately according to library classification systems.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of alphabetical and numerical order and Dewey Decimal System.
• Good organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently, organize and prioritize work, respond to changing work demands and make decisions
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
• Knowledge of standard office equipment including personal computers, word processing and spreadsheet software.
• Ability to comprehend and follow detailed directions.
• Ability to foster and maintain courteous and cooperative relationships with patrons, coworkers, and the Director.
• Ability to see, hear and speak clearly.
• Ability to manually manipulate computer keyboard, mouse, scanner, etc.
• Ability to lift up to 40 pounds, push or pull up to 80 pounds on wheels.
• Ability to stand, bend, stoop for long periods of time.
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all-inclusive of every task or